How to Clean Major Appliances
You’re used to wiping down your toaster and cleaning out your coffee maker, but what about the major appliances in your kitchen and home? You should show them some love too! By taking proper care of your major appliances, you will ensure that they last as long as possible.
- Take out the lower rack of the dishwasher first.
- Vacuum out the filter area to get rid of any crumbs or debris that are lingering. Always make sure the inside is totally dry before doing this to avoid making more of a mess.
- Fill a dishwasher-safe glass with white vinegar and place it on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Run the dishwasher on the hottest and longest cycle. The vinegar will loosen food and soap scum and sanitize the inside.
- Mix together equal parts of vinegar and water in an empty and clean spray bottle.
- Spray and wipe up any spills in the refrigerator.
- Vacuum out any crumbs after removing the food from the fridge, along with any drawers.
- If your fridge has a clutter problem, cleaning it is also the perfect opportunity to reorganize. Don’t be afraid to invest in clear plastic bins, a lazy susan or other easy-to-wipe organization devices to help keep your bottles sorted.
- To take care of water spots, boil white vinegar. Place a vinegar-soaked towel on the water spot for up to 30 minutes, if it’s a flat surface. Sprinkle it with baking soda and then scrub with the grain. Wipe it clean and let dry.
- For fingerprints, wipe down the surface with a soft microfiber cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol.
Your Washing Machine
- Wipe down the outside of the washing machine first.
- Pour two cups white vinegar into the machine drum and turn the washing machine on the hottest temperature and longest cycle.
- Once that cycle ends, mix together a quart of warm water and ¼ cup vinegar. Use a sponge dipped in the mixture to thoroughly wipe down the inside of the machine and the soap dispenser.
- Run one final cycle without any detergent or vinegar that is also the hottest and longest.
Take Care of Your Major Appliances with Park Avenue Cleaning
Park Avenue Cleaning provides high-class service for everyday space to homeowners and business owners throughout the Greater Baltimore area, whether you’re ready for spring cleaning or finally ready to take better care of your major appliances. Experience a truly remarkable clean with our services! To learn more and schedule your cleaning right away, call us at (877) 546-9837.