8 Things You Should Replace in Your Home Every Year
The new year is here, and now is the time to declutter, clean and take stock of what you’re holding onto. Some of the lesser-noticed parts of your home can linger a little too long before being cleaned, repaired or replaced. What are the things you should replace in your home on an annual basis? Don’t worry; we won’t tell if it’s been more than a year or two since you swapped them out.
8 Things You Should Replace in Your Home
- Cutting Boards: Cutting boards should be replaced every 2-3 years, or more frequently if they have cut marks or scratches, which collect bacteria over time.
- Water Filters: If you have a whole-house water filter, it should be swapped out every 3-6 months. An old filter won’t filter out what it is supposed to and could be holding onto dangerous bacteria.
- Refrigerator Water Line Filters: These filters should also be replaced every 6 months to 12 months depending on how often you use your refrigerator water filter.
- Nonstick Cookware: Nonstick cookware should be replaced every year. If the pans are scratched, they can release toxic fumes and lose their efficacy.
- Cabinet Shelf Liners: Shelf liners lose their stickiness over time and will shift and move when you try to get something out of the cabinet. Replace them every year to prevent scratching up the shelves in your home.
- Towels: Bath towels should be replaced in your home every 1-2 years. Because they are often warm and in a moist area, they should be washed frequently and disposed of when they lose their ability to absorb moisture.
- Pillows: You spend 7-9 hours every day with your head lying on your pillow, so you should definitely replace it every year! Over time, oil, skin cells, dust mites and dirt will accumulate in the pillow. Even if you wash your pillows, you should still regularly swap them out with new, clean ones.
- Toothbrush: While you should be replacing your toothbrush every 3 months, many people forget until their toothbrush is old and weathered. Take the time to replace yours now and eliminate bacteria.
Stay on Top of What You Need to Replace in Your Home with Park Avenue Cleaning
Park Avenue Cleaning provides high-class service for everyday space to homeowners and business owners throughout the greater Baltimore area, during the new year and beyond. Experience a truly remarkable clean with our services! To learn more and schedule your home appraisal cleaning, call us today at (877) 546-9837.